Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Or is it now plus 8?

Last Wednesday, my daughter Jackie gave birth to a healthy baby girl!
Hope Leticia Jimenez ~ 6lbs 10 oz ~ 19 1/2 inches ~ born at 9:43 a.m. on September 7th

I was talking with her off and on all day on Tuesday via chat, and I had a feeling the little pains and contractions she was feeling were the real thing.  However, since I had a 2 hour drive, I didn't want to make the trip unless I knew it was the real deal.  That evening, her contractions kept on coming...and finally around 8:30 or 9:00 she called and asked me if I thought she should go in and be checked...I told her it couldn't hurt.  At 10:30 she called me and said it was the real thing and she was being admitted.  I went next door and woke up T to tell him he was on kid duty with my girls until my mom got there, and off I went.

It took me 2 hours to get to the hospital in San Luis Obispo.  I arrived at 1:00 a.m. to find her in active labor.  Her husband JP was putting pressure on  her back and pretty much did that for the entire labor. I got to stay with them through the entire labor and watch my beautiful granddaughter come into this world.  She did the entire labor and delivery medication free...all natural!  I was so proud of her!  What an amazing experience! Words simply can't explain it.  

Here she is...baby Hope!  



No comments:

Post a Comment